Information about our organisation and website
Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organisation like Meteorite Hunting Adventures. We are based in the United States of America.
Our principal activities are: sales of expeditions, scientific outreach, research and field work, meteorite recovery, photography, television and video production and television documentaries.
Meteorite Hunting Adventures
P.O. Box 85459
Providing visitors with anonymous access
You can access our website’s home page and browse our sites without disclosing your personal data.
The services and links of our web sites do not enable our visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others.
Our websites do not include links to third party web service providers.
Automatic collection of information
Data collection and purpose specification
We do not collect any personal data from our visitors when they use our services unless it is specifically and voluntarily given to us by telephone or email for the purpose of selling, shipping merchandise, etc., to the customer.
We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
We take specific steps to protect the privacy of children by making reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has authorized the collection of the child’s personal data. We do not provide information about our personal data practices in relation to children on our home page.
Disclosure and visitor choice
We do not disclose your personal data to our subsidiaries or other organisations.
There are no national laws or self-regulatory schemes applicable to our web sites or organisations.
There are no global or regional regulatory or self-regulatory schemes applicable to our web sites or organisations.
Aerolite Meteorites and GDPR
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) comes into force on 25 May 2018, fundamentally changing how we, as a business, think about and deal with your personal data. At Aerolite, we have always taken our regulatory responsibilities very seriously, and whilst we are a U.S based organization, we do have many friends and customers in the European Union where this new law applies. As such, we are approaching the GDPR no differently. We have drafted a set of clauses which we will adhere to with respect to GDPR, and these are outlined below.
Our Data Protection Clauses – working together with you to protect personal data.
The GDPR significantly increases the level of responsibility that we have as a data controller for your personal information. The GDPR imposes direct obligations on us as a data controller and we have created the below listed set of terms which govern the way we process personal data on your behalf. We call these our Data Protection Clauses, which cover our obligations to you as a customer.
These are as follows:
• Only process personal data according to your instructions (e.g. for the purposes of an order via the website)
• Implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure personal data (in place security systems and measures to protect your data where held online)
• Promptly notifying you of any breaches (were our websites to be compromised we would inform you in line with GDPR regulations in a timely manner – 72 hours)
• Restricting any transfers of personal data outside of the EU. The USA is a designated safe location by the EU for GDPR data, and no personal data is sent outside of the USA or European Union from our sites or servers
• Keeping appropriate records of our processing (e.g. customer orders) and allowing you to access to these upon written request.
• Implementing measures to assist you in complying with data subjects’ rights (if you have a request for your information, we will endeavor to process this within the 30 days outlined by the GDPR regulations)
• To either return or destroy any personal data we hold at the end of our relationship (should you wish to be removed from our databases, we will remove you and your information in full)
• Working with you to ensure that the subject matter, nature, purposes and duration of our processing (and the categories of data subjects and types of personal data processed) is clearly defined. Typically for customers placing orders we would retain your name/address/phone/email data.
Our intention in providing you with these Clauses is to reassure you of the technical, organizational and legal controls we have in place to ensure that our processing of personal data for you is GDPR compliant.
Choice and Opt-Out
Even if you have agreed to receive marketing and operational communications from Meteorite Hunting Adventures, at anytime you may decide to stop receiving such materials by unsubscribing via the link at the bottom provided in each newsletter. By continuing to use our website you agree to the terms set forth.
Policy and Terms and Conditions to meteoriteadventures.com will reflect this statement by 25 May 2018.
Should you require more information on data protection, information and procedures, please use the Contact Us page.